I found this recipe in one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks and I was surprised at how quick, easy and delicious this soup was! It was a big hit with the hubby too!
You start by cooking up a bag of frozen, diced potatoes. Yes, simple as opening the bag, unless you want to wash, peel and dice your own, and in that case go for it!
- 30-oz. pkg. frozen diced potatoes
- 6 c. water
- 1/3 c. onion, chopped
- 2 10-3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 8-oz. pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. cooked ham, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine potatoes, water and onion in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and stir in soup and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir until heated through, but do not boil.