- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss bread cubes with butter.
- Place half in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle with ham.
- Top with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper.
- Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.