It is strawberry season around here and that means plenty of fresh strawberries waiting to be made it to something delicious!
This pie is sure to please!
This pie was super yummy but it was a little runny. I didn’t chill it for as long as mentioned (ran out of time) so that could have been part of the problem and when I make it again I will use less glaze. It might also help to chill the strawberry and marshmallow mixtures before you make the pie. My pie eaters didn’t even notice it didn’t serve the perfect slice, they gobbled it up right away!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (13 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 container (12 to 14 oz.) strawberry pie glaze
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Bake bottom 9-inch pie crust for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Unroll remaining pie crust on work surface.
- Cut shapes from crust.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in marshmallow creme.
- In large bowl, mix strawberries and pie glaze.
- Reserve 1 cup strawberry mixture; set aside.
- Spoon about 1/3 of the marshmallow mixture into pie crust; top with remaining strawberry mixture, and the remaining 2/3 marshmallow mixture.
- Top with 1 cup reserved strawberry mixture.
- Arrange cut outs over filling.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or until set but not firm.
- Store covered in refrigerator.