I love quick and easy dinner recipes that are different from the normal tacos, spaghetti, etc. Don’t get me wrong, those are staples around here but it is nice to mix it up every now and then!
This recipe is perfect for camping or tossing together for the grill. The flavors mix really well together and even my picky eater ate everything in the packet, including the squash and zucchini.
Start making your grilled sausage and veggie packs by arranging the veggies and sausage, I used smoked sausage because we had it on hand, on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil coated with cooking spray. Dot or drizzle with butter or oil, I used both because I love the flavor combination. Season as little of as heavy as you would like. I went pretty heavy.
Seal edges of foil tightly to create a packet. Place on grill over medium heat; cook for about one hour, until vegetables are tender.
I love that this recipe creates a whole meal with no need for side dishes and my favorite part, very few dishes to clean up!
This recipe came from Gooseberry Patch’s cookbook 101 Stovetop Suppers.
- 1 lb. Kielbasa sausage (I used smoked sausage), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 to 5 redskin potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16-oz. pkg. baby carrots
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- butter or olive oil to taste (I used both)
- salt, pepper, minced garlic, dried parsley and Italian seasoning to taste
- Arrange sausage and vegetables on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil coated with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Dot with butter or drizzle with oil.
- Season as desired.
- Seal edges of foil tightly to create a packet.
- Place on a grill pan over medium heat; cook for about one hour, until vegetables are tender.
- Serves 6.