This recipe is a great one-pot meal that you can throw together in 30 minutes! Perfect for a busy day! It is minestrone like and hearty enough to fill you up!
The recipe is great as is but I also love it because you can change it based on what your family likes or doesn’t like. You can substitute ground beef or ground turkey for the Italian sausage in this recipe or if you like some heat you can use some spicy Italian sausage. If you don’t have cannellini beans you could use kidney beans. I also love that the recipe calls for a frozen veggie mix which you can change up as well, and no chopping veggies!
Serve this Easy Italian Stew with Ritz crackers or your favorite crusty bread.
I don’t know about where you live but in central Indiana it has been down right cold this winter. The perfect weather for soups and stews.
Here are a couple other soup recipes you might like! Just click the name!
- 2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat dressing in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add sausage; cook 8 to 10 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally to break sausage into small pieces.
- Add broth, vegetables, beans and tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 to 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into bowls and top evenly with cheese.
- Serve with Ritz crackers